June 11, 2008

THINKING ABOUT......THINKING

A couple of people have inquired about my lack of blogs, etc. and wondered what I was doing. Tough question and I'm not sure I have an answer. You've been paying me the big bucks for opinions, rants and judgements about all things political, economic, environmental, educational, medical and media related. I feel myself observing all of these areas and many more, but don't feel the need to create an opinion about them. I feel a certain sense of anticipation without the need to create a plan. There is a freedom in seeing events and circumstances without the need to judge them as either good or bad. I have always taken great pride in the amount of effort I put into thinking about things, but find myself not wanting to think, just for the sake of thinking. The book I am reading at the moment is Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth," and I have a sense that I am simply living in the moment with a few lapses into history and flights into the future. The best I can do to describe where I am right now is to say that I am thinking about thinking.

I bought a new lob wedge the other day and it has been raining so much that I haven't been able to play golf at all - maybe that's got something to do with it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment