October 28, 2008

BANKRUPT??


"as goes --, so goes America."

There seems to be something morally bankrupt (if not financially) about the bastions of capitalism and free enterprise lined up at the government trough for taxpayer handouts. Am I the only one who finds this to be an unprecedented paradox? If the governments keep printing money and handing it out - doesn't that mean that the nations' debt is increasing and won't somebody have to pay it back someday? I'm just a poor country boy but I don't understand this eagerness to reward failure. Perhaps I missed something in those economics classes about risk, reward and laissez faire - or is that just in the good times?
In keeping with the current trend, due to an unexpected electrician's bill today, the household budget is going to be about $500.00 short - where do I line up???

No comments:

Post a Comment